Sunday, February 20, 2011

Leaving Las Vegas...

I love the Sheryl Crow song Leaving Las Vegas:



The song holds a special meaning today as we get out of here and head back to the more comfortable surroundings of Parker, Colorado.

The great thing about this trip was the time I had with Kitty celebrating 17 years of marriage!  Not always easy years, but fruitful in many ways (certainly four ways I immediately think of:) And I wouldn't change anything if it meant not being married to her now!  We had a great time at LOVE, the Beatles Cirque du Soleil show.....it's the best show I've seen in years and definitely in my top ten of all time.  Jay Leno was very good last night, just wish it had not been a late 10:00pm show.....I know my oldest son is laughing now...Great dinners, time talking with Kitty and holding hands made the whole trip worth while!

Realizing that I'm going to sound "holier-than-thou", I'm still baffled by lure of all-night gambling and drunk-fests. Every morning that I got up early to go to the little coffee shop near our elevators, I was amazed at the numbers of girls in short black dresses "falling" their way back to the elevators.  It feels like a "shift-change" from about 6:00am-7:30am....where the all-nighters lose steam and the rest of us are starting our days.  At my age, there's no way I could survive here for long.  We stayed up until midnight two nights in a row and I feel like I need to go to bed around 8:00 tonight to catch up.....guess I'm showing my age....again, insert my son laughing here:)

All in all, Vegas is a nice place to visit, even for people like us that don't like to gamble.  The shows, the food, the people-watching is fun......now I need to get home today so I can rest and hug my kids! (Thanks to Cyd btw for watching the rugrats while we were gone)

1 comment:

  1. I love you and will cherish the memories from this weekend!! Still like you, I'm ready to hold hands on the airplane headed back to our babies and sweet Cydney!!!

    ReplyDelete