Really liked this list of "traits" of a leader that lives worthy of their calling (Ephesians 4:1-6). You can see the full blog at www.grantenglish.com.
1. humility – self-explanatory, not self-serving, not false humility
2. gentleness – the lack of an edge with people. There is no way to get around the stumbling block of Jesus. Just let that block be Jesus, not my personality.
3. patience – Am I as long suffering with others as I pray God to be with me?
4. accepting with love – everybody has baggage. love them anyway, in spite of their junk.
5. diligent about unity of Body – diligence not about status quo but unity and….
6. Unity is based on Christ – not on traditions, programs, my ego, etc.
7. lives with knowledge that God is in all, around all – non-compartmentalized
Number 2 is especially good for me right now....presenting the hard teachings of Jesus without inserting your own emotion can be hard, but it lets Jesus be the one to challenge. I will be keeping this one in mind as our Life Group begins it's journey through the book RADICAL this Sunday night.